Our body is the most amazing machine ever built. It’s highly adaptive and resistant. No man built systems can be really compared to human body in its complexity and its perfection!
Here are some amazing facts that you may find interesting:
* You lose everyday around 50 to 100 hairs from your head, which are replaced the same day.
* An average human has 100000 hairs on the head
* The air from a sneeze can reach the speed of 100 mph; from a cough – 60 mph
* An average person drinks around 16000 gallons of water in his lifetime.
* A nail takes around 6 months to grow from base to the most tip.
* Around 45 miles of nerves run through our body. The electric impulses travel at a speed of almost 250 mph!
* Babies have 94 bones more than an adult, in total 300.
* An average human blinks 25 times a minute, that’s over 6.205.000 times a year!
* By the age of 70 your heart have beat 2,5 billion times and pumped around 48.000.000 gallons of blood.
* In a tiny drop of water there are 5 million red blood cells, 10.000 white cells and 300.000 platelets
* A square of human skin contains 20 feet of blood vessels, 1300 nerve cells, 100 sweat glands and 3 million cells.
* The average human body contains enough: Sulphur to kill all fleas on an average dog, Carbon to make 900 pencils, Potassium to fire :a toy cannon, Fat to make 7 bars of soap, Phosphorus to make :2,200 matchheads, and enough Water to fill a ten-gallon tank.
* The microorganisms in and on your body make up 10% of your bodyweight (dried, without water).
* You produce a quart of saliva daily, 10.000 gallons in a lifetime
* A square of human skin has 32 million bacterias on it!
* Each second 10.000.000 of cells die and are replaced in your body.
* You create a new skin every month and a new skeleton every 3 months!
* Ears and nose don’t stop keep growing during the whole life!
* The liver is the body’s chemical factory. It has over 500 functions!
* You lose 600.000 particles of skin every hour that make up 1.5 pounds a year!
* You spend one third of your lifetime sleeping. 20 Years in an average lifetime!If you liked this post please buy me a cup of coffee to quench my thirst