- Widows used to wear purple to mourn their husbands’ death in Thailand .
- To obtain one ounce of Tyrian purple dye, the Egyptian queen Cleopatra asked her servants to soak 20,000 purpura snails for 10 days.
- Richard Wagner composed his operas in room with violet shades; violet is his color of inspiration.
- Leonardo Da Vinci believed the power of meditation increases when done in violet or purple light (light of stained glass).
- A purple heart is a decoration for the soldiers killed or wounded in a battle by US Military.
- Purple is the royal color and is symbolic to luxury and sophistication.
- According to color theory the purple color in children’s room can help improve their imagination.
- It is feminine and romantic.
- The Pharaohs of Egypt used to wear blue for protection against evil.
- Blue is the color of mourning in Iran.
- In ancient Rome public servants used to wear blue.
- Blue relaxes the body, so it is often used in bed rooms.
- It symbolizes loyalty, hence wearing blue is recommended by experts for interviews.
- Studies show that weightlifters are able to handle heavier weights in blue gyms. This is because people are more productive in blue rooms.
- Green is the national color of Ireland.
- In Scotland , people used to wear green as a mark of honor.
- People in ancient Egypt used to color the floors of their temples green.
- In ancient Greece , green was symbolic to victory.
- Brides in the Middle Ages used to wear green to symbolize fertility.
- Green is the healing color and relaxes patients. Hence hospitals often use this color.
- It is a refreshing color and can improve vision.
- In Japan during the war of dynasty each warrior wore a yellow chrysanthemum as a pledge of courage.
- In Egypt and Burma yellow is the color of mourning.
- In India yellow is the divine color.
- In ancient France the doors of criminals were painted yellow.
- Actors of Middle Ages used to wear yellow to represent the dead in a play.
- Yellow enhances concentration and speeds up metabolism.
- People lose their tempers more often in yellow color rooms and it is the most difficult color for the eye to take in.
- Red was the color of House of Lancester , which defeated the House of York (white color) in English war of the Roses.
- The soldiers of the Italian leader Garibaldi, who unified modern Italy, were called as the Red shirts.
- Red flag was the symbol for battle for ancient Romans.
- In China, red is the wedding and holiday color and also a color of good luck.
- Ancient Egyptians used to paint their body with red dye for emphasis.
- The Bolsheviks used red flag as their symbol in 19th century when they overthrew the czar.
- Red is the color of mourning in South Africa.
- Red is the color of love.
- It is the most emotionally intense color.
- It stimulates faster heartbeat and breathing.
- In ancient Egypt people used to believe that black cats had divine powers.
- Black was the color of mourning for ancient Romans and Egyptians.
- The security troops in Hitler’s German army were known as black shirts.
- Black is the color of authority.
- It implies submission; hence priests wear black to signify submission to God.
- It makes people appear thinner for which it became popular color in fashion
- White is the color of mourning in China and Japan.
- The people of ancient Persia used to believe that all Gods wore white.
- The Egyptian Pharaohs used to wear white crowns.
- White flag is the universal symbol for truce.
- The ancient Greeks used to wear white cloths to bed to get pleasant dreams.
- White reflects light, so people wear white in summer.
- Brides wear white to symbolize innocence and purity; it is considered as good luck to be married in white clothes.
- White goes well with most colors, so became popular in fashion.
- Doctors and nurses wear white to symbolize sterility.
If you liked this post please buy me a cup of coffee to quench my thirst